"Ben, I'm going to sue the squirrels of Miami."
".... ... ... WHAT did you do now!?"
Geez, even my RAs know me too well. But that's my goal still - I just don't think the courts are going to accept my claim of life endangerment and death by squirrels. Though every college student knows they're tricky little devils. Gotta love them though.
So you're probably wondering why I'm on a rant about evil, conniving little squirrels. Well, this happened Wednesday... basically I was running out the door to class, and managed to find the one acorn on the step, and in doing so, fell after twisting my ankle in two. Man it hurt. I think they set a trap for me. Honest. It was a yucky, rainy day, and everything was wet, and blaaah. In this wonderful twisting of my ankle, I also managed to bust my right knee and sprain my wrist. Go me.
Once down, I had someone help me up cus it hurt sooo much trying to twist my ankle and leg to get in a position to stand up. She was sweet and offered to get an RA, which I said wasn't necessary. No matter how good I am, I know I won't seriously hurt myself, soo no matter how much I hurt, it wasn't serious. Then I was standing against a pillar and Kuhl comes up to me and does his little Marine yell in my face, and I just ignore him. So assuming I didn't hear him, (I had in an ipod and had my eyes closed) he shakes my shoulder and asks if I'm okay. He's a sweet boy - funny and nice. Assuring him I was, I went along my gimpy way to Psych class. (Ironic...)
Called mom and laughed the whole way there - easier on the body than crying. Then the nice janitor guy that I talk to every day I go in told me to sit down and stop arguing while he went and got me an ice pack. :) Make a long story shorter, by the next day I could feel the fall throughout my entire body, since I try not to fall and throw EVERYTHING out of alignment. So now my hips down are in a LOT of pain. Therefore, we have four new ace bandages which are on each ankle and each knee. Go me! -_-
Last night I managed to hurt myself all over again, so I'm glad I got those bandages Friday... cuz I'm not sure I could convince myself to do all that walking at this point. (I currently look like a zombie. I have so many bandages on...)
Different note: Didn't get to ref yesterday. Probably a very good thing, but still very depressing. Also managed to hurt myself yesterday WITHOUT the help of running for five hours on uneven muddy fields.
And I really miss my Steph.
Peace Lily Browning
2 years ago
1 comments:
Ouchies...
I would suggest constant supervision to keep these little "oopsies" from happening, but I know it won't help any. :P
Feel better (and stop trying to hurt yourself enough to get out of class! ;)
Post a Comment