The Laughing Fox

Live in a world of suspended amazement...

It's finally spring!

So. Only a few weeks left of my senior year. I really, really don't want to graduate. I will definately miss this place, for all that I gripe about it. It's home, and a beautiful, beautiful haven to retreat to.

Perhaps I'll reapply here next year or for my doctorate or something. Unfortunately, I think that will simply stay a dream.

I'm having a grad party the weekend after graduation. Hopefully people will come, and that the weather will hold out so that we can play volleyball in the back yard.

I'm also considering - CONSIDERING - and thinking about backpacking in the British Isles over summer, or something interesting like that. Only thing I'd really be freaked about is the plane trip both ways. Not worried about being in different countries, just worried about the plane trips. Go figure. Unfortunately it's not a good idea to do that by myself. Maybe I can convince dad to take me to Ireland or Scotland....

The weather has been gorgeous the last several days. I went kite flying on Sunday, and took pictures of rainbows in the fountain near the Formal Gardens on Saturday. Spent today talking to my professor about my test, and got more points back.

SOMETHING is going around campus. Everyone I know, including me, don't necessarily feel SICK but don't feel good. We're all tired, and have a bad case of just wanting to curl up in bed and sleep. It's not close enough to finals to be that. But even in hockey today, no one seemed to care. No one really played the game. The goalies didn't do much to stop the pucks. It was very strange. Kinda a twilight-zone-thing.

AND, in 45 minutes, a new Ghost Hunters will be on. AND it's about Wright-Patterson, which is just north of here in Dayton. As it stands we get Dayton channels, and all the ROTC people have to go up to Wright-Patt to get security clearances and move out information. And I was on base last year with the seniors to poke around. So I'm pretty excited about that episode. Hopefully it'll be a good one.

And now, for the results of a quiz Jordan sent me:

What type of hockey player are you?

My Results:



PLAY MAKER


You are a great passer and you know where your teammates are at all times.

4 comments:

Yeah, I was going through a bunch of files today and I came across a lot of old miami forms. And I got to thinking about how nice it was there. Certainly a pretty place to live. I miss the formal gardens and Western campus especially :)

 

I miss the gardens and Marcum trail the most. Such a gorgeous place. :)

 
Anonymous

I don't really miss Miami at all...definitely don't miss working at Bell Tower! But I do miss being so close to all my friends. Being so far away out here in Washington state I'm starting to be afraid that I will never see some people again - and that makes me so sad!
On a different topic, are you thinking about going for a graduate degree, and if so, what in? I'm still trying to decide myself...but probably won't start for a while with hoping to deploy soon, etc. Backpacking/visiting Ireland/Scotland/England sounds soooo awesome! I hope it works out for you! And as far as airplane travel, I usually take unisom or something to make me sleep and just pass the time...you'll make it and Scotland is definitely worth it! :)
Hope you're doing well, good luck with the rest of your final semester, and early congratulations on graduating!! :-D
~Tricia

 

Heck, even I miss Miami, and I was only there twice! I miss "Frolf."
Hope everything's going better now, and maybe people are perking up a bit.