The Laughing Fox

Live in a world of suspended amazement...

Things that go bump in the night...

So what spooks you?

As has been mentioned to me MANY times over - apparently demented undead cowgirls wielding pistols is not scary. Or ghost towns. Or haunted trains with really crappy theming and stories.

So, what scares you / your friends / acquaintences? I had no say in what area I was to be located, nor do I have any say what I will wear, or what my makeup will be. It's a maze-like setup. You get on a train, listen to a bad hokey story, then get off, going down a maze/trail/thing where people jump out at you. People either go in to be scared, or go in with the idea that this is stupid and not scary in the slightest. It's the latter people that I want to scare or spook or whatnot. So what makes things scary at a haunted house or a haunted maze? Is someone just staring at you without moving scary, or are the yells? Is the the suddenness of a scream or is it the 'I see through your soul' deadpan stare?

What makes haunted houses scary? What exactly does it take to scare you, or your particularly tough no-scare friend? What makes these things so damn frightening to people? (I hate haunted houses, so I'm not sure what spooks people. Let alone tough people.) I am not allowed to touch anyone. So what would it take for me to scare people - tough people, scardey people, etc - given the circumstances? Comment comment comment! You can catch me on MSN, email, or blogger comments, as long as you give me any ideas. Ideas, experiences, thoughts, ramblings, ANYTHING you can THINK of that COULD be scary, that IS scary, or HAS been scary.





PS. Happy super super super belated 1st Anniversary to Beth and Nick. I feel horrible I didn't mention it sooner!

0 comments: