For those of you that have noticed, sorry for not being around! Been *super* busy this year - omigosh, time has just flown by! It seems like I just started my masters a few weeks ago, and I'm almost about to wrap up my second of three quarters! Can you believe it? I still have four papers to do and probably 100-120 more things to grade before I can call it a quarter, and a presentation to give as well, and while it's keeping me busy I've not felt so... prepared and efficient in a very long time.
For those of you who knew me in high school, you know how necessary it is for me to be almost to the point of overwhelmed before I am really.... efficient at school work. I need the constant stress of work. Like in high school, I had lacrosse, academic team, AP and Honors classes, and so forth. And while I'm worked hard, I have great professors this quarter that are working with me to make sure I'm doing the best work I can muster.
I have found that I commonly have the dissenting opinion on topics which we debate within classes. While it is stressful and upsetting many times, I am happy to have the support of my professors and mentors within the program to reassure me that, while I have an opinion opposite of many of my peers, with my ability to reason and back up my points I am not interpreting facts and information incorrectly - merely differently than my peers.
Emma and Kyrie are both doing well. They are as silly and endearing as ever. Kyrie has a general dislike of men, but Emma at least has a lukewarm reaction to my father now instead of offering him a cold shoulder. Both are my snuggle kitties, and rarely let me leave their sight when I am home.
My photo site is coming together. You can see it here: www.septemberskiesphotography.com It's still under construction, but I have already gotten a couple of requests to do some shoots, which is great. I love taking photos, and it's nice when people think I do a good enough job they'd be willing to pay me.
My uncle is currently down in Daytona area, but he has moved into a hospice. He wants to go back to the beach house, but we think it is unlikely. However, he is in denial about his state and condition. He is surviving, basically, on a morphine drip. They're not going to let him really 'leave' the hospice if they can't get the pain controlled. The entire situation is nasty, and it is even worse with the denial going on within the family. Not that I can particularly blame them for being in denial, but I prefer to be more practical. I would rather have my affairs in order and expect the worst, and hope for the best. They're assuming the best and ignoring the worst case scenario. The entire situation has been a mess though.
However, the act of carrying four jobs (count em, 1, Grad school; 2, TAing; 3, Subbing; 4, Getting a freelance job put together) is both challenging and invigorating. It's keeping me out of trouble, theoretically. It's keeping me on my toes for sure.
I have changed the setup of the blog a bit so that I could get a new outlook on it and perhaps post more. We shall see how that works.
Until next time, whenever that may be...
Peace Lily Browning
2 years ago
4 comments:
Lovely new format for your blog! I love it! And of course you know which is may favorite page of your photo website. ;) Keep up the good work, girl! I'm super proud of you!! (never mind the fact that all you're doing has made me feel like the laziest bum in the universe hehe)
I don't work 12 hour shifts, at night, at an Army hospital while doing PT and other training stuffs!
Dunno how new the new theme is, but I like it nonetheless. And glad you're keeping busy. We all know you're quite the troublemaker when you don't have your hands full. :P
It's new according to my putting it onto my blog. That type of new. Though the theme itself may be ancient, it's new for this blog!
-Allison
Post a Comment