The Laughing Fox

Live in a world of suspended amazement...

Kayaking

This post won't be long b/c it hurts to type. Went kayaking yesterday with Ben. It was mucho fun. I got a call during the trip from the parents to make sure we were safe, and to tell me about some awesome rats they found -- they wouldn't tell me more until I got home. The moment I got home we fought. Took over two hours of talking to get them to tell me anything. That was after about three hours of silence. Today, I have also gotten in trouble during the same topic as last night - dinner. Yes, dinner. If I open my mouth, I get in trouble. If I don't open my mouth, I get in trouble. Either way I have attitude. Either way I'm being disrepectful and a bitch to deal with. Either way I am trying to piss them off. Tell me - if I can't speak and if I can't stay quiet without getting in trouble, what am I supposed to do? Fall off the face of the earth? And how come they can be bitchy at me but if I respond - in a very reasonable tone I think - why am I still the one being a bitch? Why can they have bad days but I can't? My God.

Anyways, back to the topic. I have some pictures to post from yesterday's Kayaking trip. It was very fun, and lasted all day. Unfortunately I pinched nerves in both of my arms and they feel like they're on fire - I didn't sleep at all last night because of it. This too makes me a bitch somehow. I'm not sure what they expect of me.

Two days ago I mowed the lawn and went to my first Tae Kwon Do class. We shall see how that plays out.

Also, if I don't post at all tomorrow: Happy 4th of July! Hope you all have great fireworks displays and parties to attend! We're going to KY tomorrow. For me to get in trouble, most likely, for not being respectful enough. Or something. Thankfully only my parents tell me I have attitude. Everyone else makes a point to come talk to me. -_-

For the Canadian who reads this: Happy Late Canada Day!







Turtle!





We had our own private air show for a while:













These prints were huge. The bottom one was bigger than my hand in length, and the wide part was wider than my hand. Looks like a racoon, but I don't know any that get that big:

Under the tree:

The lovely Little Miami:



Great Blue Heron:

Again, but flying away from us:

On the way home:









That bridge is the last we have to cross before we return to our dropoff point, and thus, the end of the day:

2 comments:

Lovely pictures, Allison. As always. :) Hope your arms feel better soon. And that your parents come to their senses.

 

this was your print:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_black_bear

either that or a chupacabra. but since you're not in costa rica, or mexico, or madagascar... wherever those are supposed to be... probably the bear. :-)