The Bad:
Wes passed away. I know it was Wes because the hog of the twins, Gus, is still here eating everything and anything edible in sight. I had a feeling that he was going to pass away while I was in Louisville on Saturday, when we were down there for my Grandfather's 80th birthday. (I made a scrapbook for him, but sadly, forgot to scan it in before I wrapped it up. >.< Apologies.) I found him Sunday morning and buried him later that day. After I stopped sobbing.
The Good:
We have a new addition to the family! Her name is Rose, and she's a cute little winter white dwarf hamster. She looks REALLY small compared to the rats she's housed beside. ^_^ She has a tendency to 'nip' pretty hard, but never in anger or with an intent to draw blood. Just a very... SOLID check to make sure something's not food. But she's sweet, and loves to be held. She's very much a people hamster. She enjoys being adored, which I have no problem doing. :)
So, as painful, bitter, and depressing as it is, what Robert Frost said was true: "In three words. I can sum up everything I've learned about life - it goes on."
Peace Lily Browning
2 years ago
3 comments:
I'm very sorry to hear about Wes, Allison. Yet I am very excited about Rose! Very pretty name, even if it IS my sister's middle name too and she's a little stinker. Hopefully YOUR Rose won't take after her!
... too late.
You defeated HTML! How late were you up fighting it...
(nice new layout!)
Post a Comment