I know I've not posted much of value lately, and this won't say a whole heck of a lot either. Inna is taking up all my time, as is the topic of this post.
In the last few days, I have become positive that God really does have a sense of humour. If he didn't, there is no way cats would have permanent toys attached to their bodies. Namely, a tail. When all else fails, the tip of a tail is an engaging and elusive toy to attempt to catch.
I have two new kittens. They were born about the first of May, which I have deemed to be their new birthdays. They're sisters - yellow tabbies with orange stripes - no white on them anywhere. Solid gold. While they've kept me up a lot at night (I NEVER want kids) they've been a joy to have around. They're both purring bundles of floppy-kitten love. And they were complete angels at the vet yesterday. I'm hoping to train them - rather, I'm hoping they will allow me - to have them become therapy cats.
For those of you who aren't 100% sure what I mean by that, I mean the type of cat (or dog) that goes to hospitals and nursing homes to give the people there something soft and fuzzy to love on. They've often left pets behind, and therapy pets are great to let them see. These girls are sweet and social, and if they'll let me do it, they'll be great therapy cats. They both currently wear collars, and I'm getting them used to harnesses and leashes. Next up is baths and back-footed claw trimming and car riding without mewing pitifully. They'll get spayed and declawed around Halloween.
So as one of them is trying to help me type at the moment, I shall be going. I'll post pictures later, and I'll post names now. Kyrie (kai-ree) and Emma are the two newest additions in the household.
Peace Lily Browning
2 years ago
1 comments:
I have found that showers work better than baths for cats...Frankie was a very stinky kitten but hated baths. Showers work ok...he still yowls pitifully but I'm in much less danger of getting shredded. I think it has something to do with having their feet on the ground...and of course we have a showerhead on a hose so I can just chase him around the shower! Although anymore I only bathe him to make him smell like baby shampoo...he really doesn't stink that much anymore.
I think the therapy pet idea is awesome! Frankie would probably be good at that except that he is so big (14 lbs!) he might be too heavy for some of the people to handle on their laps. But I am so happy you have kittens! :)
Post a Comment