First off, during my attempt at getting as sub license, I have discovered something. My fingerprints are unreadable. When the lady jokingly asked if I'd robbed a bank lately, I commented, "Of course, just left there. Could I get fingerprinted, please?" I think that made her day. Unfortunately it's becoming a pain when I can't even get my prints taken.
On a different note, Steph is an Angel. A true angel. And that's not me sucking up to her. She got me a job as a freelance writer, and although it doesn't pay much, it's paying a LOT more than nothing. And she sent one of her customers my way when she had too much to do, so now I have two people that are asking me to do a lot of their orders. One's on jeeps (which, she also sent my way)! If you want to keep a log of what info I've been writing, just ask me for the site. When I started, it was all in latin. You know, that basic filler crap they put in web templates. So now I'm taking care of that problem. ^_^ Perhaps not the BEST work ever, given that I'm doing assignments pretty fast, but still decent I think.
And now for the title of my post: politics. I will be SO very happy when this election is over. I found this while searching the web. The link I got it from is http://wrightrepublican.blogspot.com . It pretty much sums up how I feel about it all. I lose either way I vote.
Anyways, enjoy this satire:
GOP vs Dems
Dem: I’m voting Democrat, because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
GOP: I’m voting Republican, because I believe I have a right to government protection without paying for it.
Dem: I’m voting Democrat, because freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.
GOP: I’m voting Republican, because I believe government’s authority is more important than my privacy.
Dem: I’m voting Democrat, because when we pull out of Iraq I trust that the bad guys will stop what they're doing because they now think we're good people.
GOP: I’m voting Republican, because when we pull out of Iraq, I want the U. S. Army to invade Iran.
Dem: I’m voting Democrat, because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday CAN tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.
GOP: I’m voting Republican, because air pollution and high gasoline prices are no big deal.
Dem: I’m voting Democrat, because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.
GOP: I’m voting Republican, because women should have no choice about being pregnant, and keeping thousands of people on death row makes more sense than life without parole.
Dem: I’m voting Democrat, because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as Government sees fit.
GOP: I’m voting Republican, because I believe business should be allowed to make unlimited profits at the expense of everybody else and hide their money in offshore banks while I pay the taxes.
Dem: I’m voting Democrat, because I believe three or four pointy headed elitist liberals need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would NEVER get their agendas past the voters.
GOP: I’m voting Republican, because I believe a do-nothing Congress is better than progress.
Dem: I’m voting Democrat, because I don't believe that when the terrorists don't have to hide from us over there, they will come over here and I won't have any guns in the house to fight them off with.
GOP: I’m voting Republican, because I believe my kids are safer if my neighbors send their kids to school with shotguns.
Dem: I’m voting Democrat, because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I've decided to marry my horse.
GOP: I’m voting Republican, because I believe I have a God-given right to tell other people who they should marry and not marry.
Dem: I’m voting Democrat, because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.
GOP: I’m voting Republican, because I believe oil companies' profits should be supplemented by government tax breaks.
GOP: Makes ya wonder why anyone would EVER vote Democrat, now doesn't it?
Dem: Makes ya wonder why anyone would EVER vote Republican, now doesn't it?
Peace Lily Browning
2 years ago
3 comments:
Ha! That was really funny. I may snag that for something, actually. Cracked me up.
I agree wholeheartedly. It's impossible to say who's giving the general public a better deal. AND who will actually follow up on pre-election promises.
Sounds... like politics here...
Post a Comment