The Laughing Fox

Live in a world of suspended amazement...

Currently out of snappy titles

Hello there, crazy ladies and germs.

Long time, no chat. And I'm betting less people read this because of that. Oh well.

I'm sure people would love pictures, and when I get around to not doing other stuff and uploading them to the computer, that will become a reality. Does that make people happy?

My cute, fat, rolly-polly boys (read: gerbils) are doing well. They're fat and sweet as ever. They're the cardboard-chewing, sunflower seed-eating, furry machines. I love them so much.

We have three new additions to the family, at the time of this post. We have two female gerbils now (no, I won't be breeding them) and one baby rat. The girls are smaller than the boys, and the rat is smaller than the girls. The girls may be going back... they have 12 more days to make me change my mind. We shall see if they stick around. The rat... is the size of a mouse. She's not even completely weaned yet, so I'm having to give her puppy milk and oatmeal several times a day to try to get her to eat and be full, as well as trying to convince her that those seeds really ARE good for her. I'm looking for a buddy for her, unfortunately, at this point in time I'm not even completely sure she's a her. But I think it is.

I'm also job searching right now. That... is a... fun... task. I hope I'll get a job I like. Unforunately I'm still not out of school mode, which I would rather be in. Mostly I'd like to be able to live at home. Cuts out SO many costs, and then I can save up and have a nice cushion of money before I reapply to grad school.

I went to the gym today. I realized one reason I've been so cabin feverish is because I'm used to walking everywhere, every day, for class, food, freedom, exercise, to clear my head, everything. At all times of day.

Now I can only go walking during the daytime or early dusk, I don't walk to class, I stay inside, etc. So I went and rowed on the rowing machine for about 40 minutes, then did some weights. I should have rowed longer. It was relaxing. Even if I didn't burn off as many calories as I'd have liked. I need to lose weight. And I don't want to eat the tasteless and nasty diet food. Which leaves: rowing. I don't like the other machines. :P

And for now, that is all.

I hope you enjoyed your visit and come back soon. :p

4 comments:

We've got a couple of nice companion girly rats right up here... we'd be happy to bring them down to you...

 

RATTIEEEEE!

*nods and walks away*

 

Sounds like fun times. You will have to post pictures of the new gals soon, you know.

 

Sounds like your summer is going well! Good luck again with that job stuff. And congrats on the three new additions to the family! You have no idea how jealous I am that you have a li'l rat!!!!!