The Laughing Fox

Live in a world of suspended amazement...

On Puppies and Kittens, and Of Mice And Men

Perhaps a strange title, but hopefully I shall clarify by the end of the post.

Long time no real chat. I'm sorry.

I'm about to start crocheting (rather, attempting to crochet) two army surplus bags - one in all fall colors, and one in denim colors. It's a multicolored thread for both bags, and it should be pretty. I showed the yarn to Steph - she liked the denim one (it's fuzzy and blue/purple/maroon/white mix) as I figured she would. My favorite is the fall colored one - very rich orange, green, red, and brown mix. But it'd be a fall-only bag. We shall see how long it takes before I get too frustrated to care. [Edit: pictures of the colors / yarns are below... as is a picture of the purse]







I want to continue writing my story. Leigh is pushing for me to at least write SOMETHING. I just think, after second thought, my story has no point, so why should I write it? To me, there needs to be a reason for the story. Some climax, something interesting, something to be resolved. We shall see what happens. All I have is a prologue. Still.

Still on that job hunt thing. Yeah.

I'm returning the gerbils. The girls, not the boys. I'd never return the boys. Not that I could now anyways. I just am not very attached to the girls, and that's not fair to them.

My rats don't like anyone but me, and even I can't *hold* them. They're very playful and cute, but they're incredibly skittish. They absolutely love to play with me. But just a sound can send them running - hence, if I were to hold them, they'd dive off my arm and hurt themselves. And the puppies and kittens I think they're carrying. I think they're both pregnant (and the pups are called either puppies or kittens, usually). I can't handle pregnant ratties. One, the rats aren't social enough with me to be comfortable in getting the babies out. Two, I don't have the time, money, energy, or space needed for one litter, let alone two. Three, that's a lot of stress for me and the momma ratties. To top this off, I'm not sure if they'll get more social. I don't want to have them past their warranty.

My plan A for everything has sucked. Plan A and I just don't get along. Of Mice and Men. Urgh. Everything I've done this summer, I've ended up on like Plan XYM 542347. No joke; nothing is going right. Pfft.

Of kittens and puppies, and of mice and men... and until next time.

3 comments:

Nothing ever goes right past a certain age, I've noticed. I wanted to say 'you get used to it', but fuck it, you don't. :P

By the way, I'm with Leigh--write woman, write! I mean, even if your story goes nowhere (and odds are, you'll come up with ideas on where to take it as you're going), but even if not, you'll probably come up with other things to write along the way.

Seriously, I always whine about not having ideas or direction or a good character or whatever, but if you just bloody sit down to write, you think of stuff to write about. The trick is just to make yourself do it.

*gets off soapbox*

 

:)
Things aren't turning out as planned, but as long as you "roll with the punches" you're bound to come out with something more than frustration to show for your perseverance.

 

Well I think you should keep writing too! Whenever you feel like it. You don't need a goal or climax or whatever; you just need to write and knowing you it'll be entertaining no matter what direction it takes!
I'm sorry to hear we'll be saying good-bye to the girls!! I wish I could visit you and your furry friends (and of course your parents too!!) again!