The Laughing Fox

Live in a world of suspended amazement...

Tornados and other such niceties

I figured I should post, as I haven't in a while. I wear my contacts every other day it seems, which isn't good. I need to wear them more. But when I take them out, I can't see at all. Now, before you make a sarcastic comment, I have put my glasses back on. And therein lies the problem. If I didn't have them on I wouldn't get so disoriented as to almost become sick. With contacts, I can see everywhere and adjust to them without incident. Take them off... and everything blurs, my head reels, and I look very drunk if I attempt this thing called walking. Bah.

I need to trim my nails.

Lately, as in the last two days, we've had nasty storms and many funnel clouds. Lots of damage in the area. Last night the sirens were going off nonstop. Luckily for me, this storm area is moving north. Unluckily for my Chicago friends, that's where it's headed. Enjoy, kiddos!

I have written all my thank you cards. I hate handwriting things. It's so slow. And my hands hurt afterwards. And thank you cards in general annoy me. I can't help but come up with a dry and boring sentiment of thanks. I hope no one minds too much. I tried, people, I really did my best at writing them.

I really want to go to NY. I'm not sure how that's going to play out.

I need a job. Ditto the line before the one about a job.

I am hopefully going to Kentucky on Sunday to get some rats that have war wounds. At three weeks old, their mom attacked them in an attempt to wean them early. Friends have said that she only had severe postpartum depression. I found this insanely amusing and hilarious. If I got them, which I'm planning to, they'll be missing digits of toes and on some, half their tails. This, however, would not make them any less friendly and sweet and loving, all of which is my biggest concern in finding rats. They're not feeders, so they're bred for personality.

Saturday we will be in Paoli, IN for a wedding. Supposedly there will be a 'family tradition' taking place between the wedding and the reception. I will have a camera. I promise you. I will take pictures so that you will believe me. The tradition: Tossing the bride into a wheelbarrow, and running around the town square with her in the wheelbarrow while rice is thrown at her. I make no joke. I shall take pictures if this occurs. It is destined to be a crowd pleaser. And a sad statement on the traditions of redneck communities. :P (I hope she never reads this blog.)

I have a new cd. It's decent so far. However, it is a Eurovision song that is currently capturing my attention. Still. Yes... it is Wolves of the Sea by Pirates of the Sea.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dNB4g0AcH8 )



[random comment: If you have ever played DDR (or at least the version I've played, whatever it is) don't the girls in the background on the top stage look like the dorky computerized people that do some funky dances while the music plays?]

Another pirate portrayal / live action video:

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CVHP6nH2bY]






Also, Kung Fu Panda looks funny. So bad it might actually be good.

2 comments:

Wow, that's really scary about the funnel clouds. Glad you're all OK.

That is a very amusing wedding tradition, by the way. Remind me never to marry into your family, eh? :P

And I haven't heard the pirate song in days, but I still walk around singing "with a hi hi ho and hi hi hey". >.<

 

I really want you to come to NY too, you little stinker. You AND your rats, but I don't think Ruby (my hamster) would get along well with all your furry friends.

Fun videos! Knowing my two li'l siblings, I probably will end up seeing Kung Fu Panda some time in my life, whether I am interested in it or not. I hope it'll not be quite as silly as I fear it will be.

I miss you!!!