So, I made the comment resembling the fact that it's depressing that I'll have to work the rest of my life. This was after I was asked if I was ready to return to school, and I said no, cuz it would involve work. Then I said something along the lines of 'meh, I'll just marry a millionaire and be lazy.' The response: "You can't even get a date, let alone get married." Thank you, mom, for that comment. That was so uplifting and reassuring. I mean seriously, like I didn't know that. Ever thought that I despise all the jerks that do ask me to do something in said context? I happen to have high standards. And who said I couldn't get a date? Maybe I haven't wanted any. Besides, all the people I'm interested in have been taken thus far. So I found that to be a very unfair comment on her part, and I'm pissed. Really, really pissed. I figure it was an offhand remark on her account, but that cut deep and really pissed me off. Which is why I'm griping on here. Because I am so pissed.
Other news. Bloody next semester. Here's the schedule:
Monday:
1-2pm: Ice Hockey
6-7:15pm: Political Science
Tuesday:
10-11: AF 112
11-12:15: AF 332
12:30-1:45: History w/ Cayton
Wednesday:
1-2pm: Ice Hockey
6-7:15pm: Political Science
Thursday:
10-11: AF 222
11-12:15: AF 332
12:30-1:45: History w/ Cayton
Friday:
NO CLASS
We ran by Miami the other day to drop stuff off and get books, and I started talking to Cayton. Until then, I'd been considering dropping his class (I signed up for 18 hours, I'm taking 13) and taking another. Then, the kicker: "Well Allison, see you next Tuesday. If you're not asleep in class again." *grumble grumble grumble* I really need to take his class. Because he's a very very powerful man. And he knows I'm supposed to take his class. And, well, I guess I will be.
I've also been rather sick and feeling like crap the last several days. I think I'm sick.
And right now I have a headache. Probably because I'm so mad. So cheerio, and adieu.
Peace Lily Browning
2 years ago
4 comments:
You're taking Ice Hockey? It's like they're teaching you to be Canadian!
And isn't her favourite sport, Lacrosse the national sport of Canada or something? Holy crap, she IS becoming Canadian!
(*tackle hug*, Allison)
Well, I think that WAS a rude comment by your mom, even if she didn't realize it at the time. I know how not getting a date can feel. We may be strong, independent young ladies and of course "there are so many fish in the sea" as my friend keeps telling me, but it's still not fun to hear someone tell us what we ALREADY know.
My friend Shaun once made a comment about work, and I told him "that's cuz you just want to marry a super-rich girl who'll take care of you." I guess guys are the same way sometimes!
About that crazy schedule: just drop all those Air Force classes. We both know Army's better!! ;)
I don't know if Lacrosse is still our national sport... I think it used to be. Either way it should be hockey. :P
It's what we're known for.
And yeah, that doesn't sound fair of your mom, though it was probably meant to be less cutting. My mother used to do the same kind of stuff to my sister all the time, no one needs that from someone who is (in theory) supposed to be supportive.
She seems to like that I'm single though, never makes any comments at me... :S
Post a Comment