The Laughing Fox

Live in a world of suspended amazement...

Frustrations

People frustrate me. What is it about getting a significant other that pushes all your old friends away? Why do you push away people you've known one, three, five, eight years longer than you've known your newest infatuation or something? I don't get it. I don't get why it's the girls that push away their older friends as soon as they get a boyfriend. Guys don't seem to do that, so why do girls? How come all the girls I know push me away as soon as they're with the current love of their life, but the guys just act like nothings really different and talk to me same as they used to? Why can't more people be like those guys? I mean, they're there with you side by side when things are going well for you both, and bad for you both. Girls push friends away when things are going well for them - I don't know how they expect people to still be there for them when things go to hell later on. Why should I be there when someone is having a shitty day, when they've pushed me away when things were going well for them? Doesn't make sense why I'd still be around to listen or talk then. I wanna be friends with people when they're happy AND sad, not just when they need that shoulder to lean on. Which I find is what people seem to want me there for. I'm sorry, but I'm just getting hurt one too many times to put up with this any longer. With five of my friends pushing me away as soon as they got a boyfriend, my caring is fading quickly. I mean if you can't make time for me when things are going well on your end, I don't have time to be there for you when it falls apart in front of your eyes. This isn't directed at one or two of you individually, this isn't an attack. But a few of you, I think, know you're the ones adding to my lack of caring. Just think about it from other angles, won't you?

I'm so confused and lost as to what to do. I don't get it; I don't understand. :-\


Oh yeah, and thanks boys, for being there to talk to. When you have a girlfriend and when you don't, when you're happy and when your sad, both.

1 comments:

Anonymous

I know what you're talking about. I used to do stuff with one of my friends at school between/after classes, but now that friend is in a relationship and has not called me since November. Not even to wish me a merry Christmas. *sigh* Sometimes it makes me feel that the significant other is just more interesting and fun to be with than me... but whatever.